Hold, Please is the seventh episode of season one of One Day at a Time.
While navigating her way through an endless maze of red tape with Veterans Affairs to make a medical appointment, Penelope reaches her breaking point.
- Justina Machado as Penelope Alvarez
- Todd Grinnell as Schneider
- Isabella Gomez as Elena Alvarez
- Marcel Ruiz as Alex Alvarez
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Leslie Berkowitz
- Rita Moreno as Lydia Riera
- Haneefah Wood as Jill Riley
- Thomas Barbusca as Finn
- Lori Alan as Jolene (voice)
- Mike Ivy as Tad (voice)
- Sonnie Elahna as VA PSA (voice)
- Brigitte Erickson as Pain Management Operator (voice)
- Emily O'Brien as VO Operator
- Penelope's shoulder injury happened in Kabul, Afghanistan in 2004 when a pallet of surgical gloves fell on her shoulder.
- Schneider was in a yacht rock cover band in college called Full Sail.